RECSI REC Silicon ASA

Aksjetips

Administrator
REC Silicon ASA (RECSI) is a leading producer of advanced silicon materials, supplying high-purity polysilicon and silicon gases to the solar and electronics industries worldwide. We combine over 30 years experience and best-in-class proprietary technology to deliver on customer expectations. Our two U.S. based plants have a capacity of more than 20,000 MT high-purity polysilicon. REC Silicon is headquartered in Fornebu, Norway.

Hjemmeside: www.recsilicon.com

REC Silicon faller 1,6 prosent til 1,20 kroner på Oslo Børs. Bakgrunnen er at den amerikanske presidenten Donald Trump innfører en toll på 30 prosent på importerte solcellepaneler. Ifølge Reuters skal tollen gradvis reduseres til 15 prosent over en fireårsperiode.

Børsmelding fra REC Silicon ASA i kveld:

23.01.2018 22:29
REC Silicon Reacts to President Trump's Decision to Impose Tariffs on Solar Modules Imported into the US
Moses Lake, Washington - January 23, 2018: REC Silicon ASA (REC Silicon)
strongly believes that a settlement of all solar trade related disputes between
the United States and China is the best path forward to preserve, restore and
promote U.S. solar manufacturing jobs, reduce the U.S.-China trade deficit as
well as promote the health of the broader U.S. solar sector including the
burgeoning downstream solar development industry in the United States.

REC Silicon thanks President Trump and the U.S. Trade Representative for their
commitment to engage in discussions with a view to resolving the antidumping and
countervailing duty measures currently imposed on U.S. polysilicon as part of
the Section 201 remedy announced yesterday. REC Silicon urges the U.S.
Government to pursue negotiations with the Government of China as soon as
possible to conclude an agreement that addresses these solar related trade
disputes.

Re-opening the Chinese market to U.S. polysilicon exports is the most important
thing that would ensure that high technology solar manufacturing jobs are
protected and preserved in the United States.

Tore Torvund, REC Silicon's CEO commented "It is imperative that the U.S.
Administration take constructive steps to resolve this prolonged harmful dispute
in the near term. In times of rising global polysilicon demand, opportunities
for U.S. polysilicon manufacturers, the industry's technology leaders and the
most competitive producers in the world, should be experiencing healthy
expansion, not rapid contraction. This Administration was elected to support
U.S. workers, and we encourage the U.S. Trade Representative to conclude an
agreement to protect our dedicated and innovative U.S. employees. REC Silicon
can out-compete our foreign rivals and we can do it from our manufacturing
locations here in the United States. We simply need access to the global
market, which can be achieved by the discussions provided for in the President's
announcement."

Partneren tar Recs regning i Kina

Rec får i første omgang redusert sin eierandel i det kinesiske felleseide datterselskapet. Solselskapet har imidlertid fortsatt tid på seg til å finne pengene.

Silisiumprodusenten Rec Silicon annonserte i februar 2014 et samarbeid med Shaanxi Non-Ferrous Tian Hong New Energy (SNF) om et joint venture-partnerskap i Kina. Nå, fire år senere, kommer Rec Silicon med en oppdatering om avtalen.

REC Silicon melder om et resultat etter skatt på minus 153,1 millioner dollar i 4. kvartal 2017, mot pluss 34,6 millioner dollar i samme periode året før.

Barberer bort 2,8 milliarder kroner. REC Silicon melder om et resultat etter skatt på minus 374,4 millioner dollar i 2. kvartal 2018, mot minus 62 millioner dollar i samme periode i fjor.

Totalt 65 fabrikkansatte permitteres i 26 uker på grunn av kollaps i markedet etter langt lavere solcelle-etterspørsel fra stormarkedet Kina, men også i resten av markedet, skriver E24.

Lavere produksjon gir lavere inntekter for Rec, men bunnlinjen er betydelig bedre. Rec Silicon melder om resultat etter skatt på minus 37,8 millioner dollar i årets andre kvartal, sammenlignet med minus 374,4 millioner dollar samme kvartal i fjor.

Back